Imagine being the coach of a professional basketball team. There you are working with a group of highly talented athletes. Left to themselves, every one of them could play some awesome basketball. However, without direction, they could also create a fair bit of chaos. As the coach, your job is to guide them so that they know what to do and how to do it. Similarly, this is what you have to do in designing your website.
In designing your website, you want to guide your visitor down a specific path, and you don't want them to bounce crazily from link to link. To lead your site visitors, you will use visual and textual elements. These elements let the visitor know the purpose of your site and what to do next. In this lesson you are literally taking the content you have previously assembled and organizing it onto aweb site.
In this lesson, you will learn how to design your site well, and enable your visitors (prospects) to follow an organized, comforting path that gets them to do what you want them to do.
The Learning Objectives for this lesson are:
- Be able to put together a collection of pages on your site, such as Home (your first landing page*), About, Blog, Pricing and Contact using a collection of templates.
- Familiarize yourself with how to open and edit templates, and put your business information and content into the templates.
- Know how to change your site title, and create a site icon which appears in the Google search tab, and on your site tabs and titles.
- Be able to upload your logo.
- Watch the video.
- Build a website that has a Home* (landing) page, About page, Blog page, Pricing page, and Contact page.
* Important Note: Your first home page will serve as your initial Landing page, so be sure to follow the template provided in the reading on Composing Your Home Page.
Upon completing this lesson, you will have translated all of the business materials you put together thus far into a full website!